Career Service Setup
Create your virtual fair, configure your payments and settings, and test your fair.
Career Services Training and Best Practices
Get tips for success from the Handshake team and your peers.
- Handshake Academy: Virtual Engagement
- Blog: Career Services Marketing Toolkit for students
- Video: Virtual Fairs This Autumn and Beyond
- Blog: Virtual Career Fairs: Strategies and Learnings from the Autumn Term
- Blog: 3 Ways Handshake’s Virtual Career Fairs Can Help You
- Case Study: Building Employer Relationships with Virtual Fairs
Employer Invite and Setup
Promote your fair to employers and help them with the basics of registering and setting up their virtual fair schedules. Aim for 80% of employer registrations and 80% of employer schedules created before inviting students.
Employer Training and Best Practices
Send these resources to employers to position them for success.
- Employer Playbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Virtual Fairs in Handshake
- Employer Virtual Fair Quick Start Guide
- Video: 3 Tips to Meet More Qualified Students at Virtual Fairs
- Blog: Virtual Career Fairs: 7 Ways Employers Can Stand Out
- Help Articles: Virtual Fair Video Requirements and Troubleshooting
- Help Articles: Getting Started for Employers New to Handshake
Student Invite and Setup
Promote your fair to students and remind them to sign up for employer sessions. Aim for 50% of registered students signed up for at least one employer session before the day of the fair.
- Email Templates: Invite & Remind Students about Key Fair Task
- Blog: Virtual Fair Marketing Tips from Stony Brook University
- Help Article: Supporting Students on Your Virtual Fair
- Help Article: Student Virtual Fair Email Notifications from Handshake
- Help Article: Video Requirements & Troubleshooting (Students)
Student Training and Best Practices
Send these resources to students to position them for success.
Refer to these resources to help you navigate the day of the fair smoothly.
Keep these resources handy during the fair so you can quickly reference or copy and share with employers.
Keep these resources handy during the fair so you can quickly reference or copy and share with students.
Report on the outcomes of your virtual fair and compare your fair performance to benchmark data from the Handshake network.
Follow up with students after the fair. After employer sessions are over, they can follow up with participants! By sending messages in Handshake, downloading public CVs, and Hosting Virtual Interviews!
Learn what to do after your virtual session to leave a great impression with employers.